Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poem Inspired by Joy

One of the blogs I have been reading is   Joy Tanksley's  You can also find her on  Facebook  on the fierce love for every body page. 

Joy's post today is a poem contest - A Poem for Mrs. Tanksley   I can't remember the last time I wrote a poem.  I do remember writing one in high school about my love of swimming. So with trepidation and going with my first instincts, no editing, here it is:

Sonja like Lasagna

With so many layers to explore, sweet, soft, spicy and hard

Who loves butterflies, swimming and exploring herself

Who feels sad and glad, disillusioned and enlightened, scared and strong

Who gives too much and not enough

Who fears discovery, being vulnerable and losing herself

Who seeks acceptance, love and peace

Sweet Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment